Business Leaders Deepen Sino-Singapore Bilateral Ties
Over 40 top business leaders from the Singapore Business Federation (SBF) and China Entrepreneur Club (CEC) have come together to discuss business and investment opportunities in the months leading to the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) 2015. The AEC, which comes into effect next year, envisions a single market and production base with the free flow of goods, services, investment, capital, and skilled labour among the 10 ASEAN member nations.
"The AEC 2015 presents immense potential for China enterprises. Singapore been a key ASEAN member and with its world-class infrastructure and global connectivity, it provides an ideal platform for Chinese companies keen to extend their global footprint in ASEAN. Through the SBF-CEC Business Roundtable and similar discussions held between the business communities from both countries, SBF hopes to facilitate more networking opportunities for both Singapore and Chinese entrepreneurs. Besides looking at investment opportunities, Singapore and Chinese entrepreneurs can find ways to collaborate and venture into other countries." said Mr S.S. Teo, Chairman of SBF. He added "As Singapore and China celebrate 25 years of diplomatic relations next year, we look forward to further developing the bilateral ties between the two countries."
China been Singapore's top trading partner, with total trade amounting to S$115.2 billion in 2013, is a large and influential market. In the same year, Singapore is also China's biggest investor country with investments reaching US$7.23 billion1 .
"Singapore plays a crucial role in China's economic development. The CEC delegation will meet the most influential leaders from the political, business and academic field and we hope to build a strong foundation to further the cooperation between China and Singapore," said Mr Ma Weihua, Executive Chairman of CEC and Former President and CEO of China Merchants Bank.
- innovation as key pillar of Sino-Europ
- Chinese business leaders to visit Germ
- Business leaders, officials eye new Si
- In Berlin to build bridges, not walls
- Chinese entrepreneurs voice confidence
- Jack Ma, Wang Jianlin Face Off at Shen
- At the Crossroads of Game Changers: 20
- CEC Elects Executive Board for 2015-20
- Ma Weihua on Australia
- Are You being Served？
- Free Trade with China will Boost JVs
- Business Leaders Deepen Sino-Singapore
- China-EU Business Breakfast Meeting
- Business luncheon with GE CEO Jeffery
- [Member Visit] Far East Holding Group
- CEC Luncheon with U.S. Ambassador Jon
- CEC Members Meet Gen. Colin Powell
- Dinner with the President and Senior E
- Dinner with Professor Stuart Hart, Aut
- Welcome Lunch for British Former Prime
- Dinner with Mr. John Chambers, the Pre
- Welcome Dinner for WEF Founder Prof. K
- Informal Business Lunch with Portugues
- [Member Visit] Eagle International Gr