Professor, National School of Development, Peking University
Mr. Zhou Qiren is a distinguished economist in China. He has gained influence in the economic sector in China for his extensive studies and achievements on “Positive Economics”.
Mr. Zhou’s main research and teaching areas include new institutional economics, development economics, labor economics, the Chinese economy, property right and contracts, economic and institutional change, human capital and business theory. Throughout the years, he has done in-depth and meticulous research on enterprise restructuring and industrial reform. His studies on economics has gone beyond the numbers game and elevated to concerns to the drawbacks of the system. He is often reputed as the most knowledgeable and conscious-driven economist.
From 1978 to 1982, Mr. Zhou studied at the School of Economics at the Renmin University of China and obtained a Bachelor’s degree. After graduating from the Institute of Rural Development of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and Rural Development Research Center of the State Council Development Research Center, he has conducted research on rural reform and development under the guidance of Du Runsheng. From 1989 to 1991, he worked at the University of Oxford, University of Colorado and the University of Chicago as a visiting scholar. In the fall of 1991, he joined a graduate program at the University of California at Los Angeles and obtained a Masters’ and Ph.D. degree.
Part of his publications are: “Real-World Economics”, “Income is a series of events”, “What did China do right?”, “Burning the midnight oil to see the sword”, “The Winning Chess Game”, “Essays of Medical Care Reforms in China” and “Property Rights and Institutional Change”.
Mr. Zhou was born in August 1950. He is currently a professor at the National Development Research Institute of Peking University, professor at China Center for Economic Research, professor at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business and member of Central Bank’s Monetary Policy Committee.
- Chinese business leaders to visit Germ
- Business leaders, officials eye new Si
- Chinese top business leaders see innov
- In Berlin to build bridges, not walls
- Chinese entrepreneurs voice confidence
- Jack Ma, Wang Jianlin Face Off at Shen
- At the Crossroads of Game Changers: 20
- CEC Elects Executive Board for 2015-20
- Ma Weihua on Australia
- Are You being Served？
- Free Trade with China will Boost JVs
- Business Leaders Deepen Sino-Singapore
- China-EU Business Breakfast Meeting
- Business luncheon with GE CEO Jeffery
- [Member Visit] Far East Holding Group
- CEC Luncheon with U.S. Ambassador Jon
- CEC Members Meet Gen. Colin Powell
- Dinner with the President and Senior E
- Dinner with Professor Stuart Hart, Aut
- Welcome Lunch for British Former Prime
- Dinner with Mr. John Chambers, the Pre
- Welcome Dinner for WEF Founder Prof. K
- Informal Business Lunch with Portugues
- [Member Visit] Eagle International Gr