Executive Chairman, Delong Holdings Limited
Ding graduated with a degree in Machine Manufacturing from the Hebei Institute of Technology in 1991. By August 1992, Ding had established Tangshan Great Wall Steel Rolling Company, serving as general manager. In 1995, he founded Liguo Group and took office as the Chairman. By 2000, Delong acquired Xingtai Iron and Steel Company – a company under a RMB 240 million debt at the time – and renamed it as Delong Iron and Steel Industrial Co., Ltd.
Delong Holdings handles mineral resources, iron and steel production and mining. In 2005, Delong Holdings listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange, becoming the first private iron and steel enterprise in China to go public.
Delong focuses primarily on the production of hot rolled coils and steel billets. The company strives to embrace sustainability measures, and invest for long-term growth. In 2013, Delong completed a 300 million RMB upgrade of its Aoyu Plant. 2014 also saw the signing of a joint venture agreement with three partners for the establishment of steel production in Thailand with a capacity of 600,000 tons.
Ding has been recognized as one of the most prominent entrepreneurs in Chinese steel. Ding is also a representative of the National People’s Congress and has received numerous recognitions in China, including the “National Model Worker” award from the Chinese Government.
- The China Entrepreneur Club: Ten Years
- 2016 China Entrepreneur Club Annual Ge
- innovation as key pillar of Sino-Europ
- Chinese business leaders to visit Germ
- Business leaders, officials eye new Si
- In Berlin to build bridges, not walls
- Chinese entrepreneurs voice confidence
- Jack Ma, Wang Jianlin Face Off at Shen
- At the Crossroads of Game Changers: 20
- CEC Elects Executive Board for 2015-20
- Ma Weihua on Australia
- Are You being Served？
- China-EU Business Breakfast Meeting
- Business luncheon with GE CEO Jeffery
- [Member Visit] Far East Holding Group
- CEC Luncheon with U.S. Ambassador Jon
- CEC Members Meet Gen. Colin Powell
- Dinner with the President and Senior E
- Dinner with Professor Stuart Hart, Aut
- Welcome Lunch for British Former Prime
- Dinner with Mr. John Chambers, the Pre
- Welcome Dinner for WEF Founder Prof. K
- Informal Business Lunch with Portugues
- [Member Visit] Eagle International Gr