Vice President, China Entrepreneur Club (CEC)
Chairman, New Hope Group
Vice Chairman, China Minsheng Banking Corp., LTD.
In 1982, Liu Yonghao his three elder brothers raised one thousand RMB to start their business in crop-planting and animal cultivation in the countryside of Sichuan Province. By 1988, the brothers had earned RMB 10 million, and repositioned themselves as feedstuff producers. The Liu brothers registered Hope Group in 1992, which had already become one of the largest animal-feed groups in China and one of the largest non-government conglomerates in the country.
New Hope Group
In 1996, the brothers split their empire and branched into other ventures, with Mr Liu building his portion, renamed the New Hope Group, into one of the largest agricultural business enterprises in the country. Today NHG operates agribusiness in China and abroad with more than 400 subsidiaries and over 80,000 employees.
Liu also helped found China Minsheng Bank, the only bank in the country since 1949 to be established without direct state ownership. Today, Mr Liu holds about 7 per cent of China Minsheng Bank’s shares, and his New Hope Group retains extensive interests in animal feed, property, logistics and dairy products.
Liu was honored as “CCTV China Economic Persons of the Year” twice in 2006 and 2010, and selected as one of Fortune’s “Top 50 Chinese Business Leaders” in 2012.
- The China Entrepreneur Club: Ten Years
- 2016 China Entrepreneur Club Annual Ge
- innovation as key pillar of Sino-Europ
- Chinese business leaders to visit Germ
- Business leaders, officials eye new Si
- In Berlin to build bridges, not walls
- Chinese entrepreneurs voice confidence
- Jack Ma, Wang Jianlin Face Off at Shen
- At the Crossroads of Game Changers: 20
- CEC Elects Executive Board for 2015-20
- Ma Weihua on Australia
- Are You being Served？
- China-EU Business Breakfast Meeting
- Business luncheon with GE CEO Jeffery
- [Member Visit] Far East Holding Group
- CEC Luncheon with U.S. Ambassador Jon
- CEC Members Meet Gen. Colin Powell
- Dinner with the President and Senior E
- Dinner with Professor Stuart Hart, Aut
- Welcome Lunch for British Former Prime
- Dinner with Mr. John Chambers, the Pre
- Welcome Dinner for WEF Founder Prof. K
- Informal Business Lunch with Portugues
- [Member Visit] Eagle International Gr