Vice President, China Entrepreneur Club (CEC)
Chairman, Fosun Group
Guo Guangchang is a Member of the Twelfth National Committee of Chinese Political Consultative Conference, a Standing Committee Member of the Eleventh All-China Federation of Industry & Commerce, a Standing Committee Member of All-China Youth Federation, and Chairman of Zhejiang Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai. Guo graduated from Fudan University in 1989 with a BA in Philosophy, and received an MBA degree from Fudan University in 1999.
In 1992, Guo founded Guangxin Technology Development Company Ltd., which was among the first to use scientific methods in market research in mainland China. Since 1994, Guo has been Chairman of Fosun Group. He and the Fosun team have led investments in sectors including insurance, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, property, steel, mining, retail, services, finance, asset management, establishing Fosun as one of the largest non-state-owned enterprises in China.
In recent years, Fosun has positioned itself as a world class investment group underpinned by the twin drivers of “insurance-oriented comprehensive financial capability” and “Combining China’s Growth Momentum with Global Resources." In 2007, Fosun International Limited, the parent company of Fosun Group, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Guo is dedicated to charity work. He is the vice chairperson of China Glory Society and China Social Entrepreneur Foundation. Fosun has donated over 600 million RMB to charity causes to help fight poverty, improve access to education and provide natural disaster relief.
- The China Entrepreneur Club: Ten Years
- 2016 China Entrepreneur Club Annual Ge
- innovation as key pillar of Sino-Europ
- Chinese business leaders to visit Germ
- Business leaders, officials eye new Si
- In Berlin to build bridges, not walls
- Chinese entrepreneurs voice confidence
- Jack Ma, Wang Jianlin Face Off at Shen
- At the Crossroads of Game Changers: 20
- CEC Elects Executive Board for 2015-20
- Ma Weihua on Australia
- Are You being Served？
- China-EU Business Breakfast Meeting
- Business luncheon with GE CEO Jeffery
- [Member Visit] Far East Holding Group
- CEC Luncheon with U.S. Ambassador Jon
- CEC Members Meet Gen. Colin Powell
- Dinner with the President and Senior E
- Dinner with Professor Stuart Hart, Aut
- Welcome Lunch for British Former Prime
- Dinner with Mr. John Chambers, the Pre
- Welcome Dinner for WEF Founder Prof. K
- Informal Business Lunch with Portugues
- [Member Visit] Eagle International Gr